Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Day 8: In Awe

"Since we are receiving a Kingdom that is unshakable, let us be thankful and please God by worshiping Him with holy fear and awe. For our God is a devouring fire." Hebrew 12:28-29

When was the last time I stood in awe at God's amazing power? It would have to be a couple of weeks ago at small group when I read the letter I wrote to Jesus and I was in tears at just the sheer fact that He was faithful. He had transformed my life in such a way, it's mind blowing. He answered prayers I had forgotten I prayed. He poured out His love on me even during times when I doubted Him.

I also think back to a couple of weeks ago when I was supposed to go see the movie "Takers" with some of the girls. Yeah I was a little on the broke side that day, but I was really feeling weird about seeing that movie. I am trying to be more careful about what I put before my eyes, and it was something about that movie that I know I would struggle with. Instead I stayed home, and watched hours of Youtube clips of Trip Lee, Lacrae, Sho Baracka, Canton Jones, and Passion 4 Christ Movement poetry and messages. Man, talk about an awesome night and I was left in amazement at how God totally fulfilled me way more than that movie would have. Just being in His presence and letting the Holy Spirit speak to me was amazing.

This devotional talked about how in our society, nothing really leaves us in awe even though God's grace and power should always leave us in awe. We should continually have a praise for Him for just the little lessons He teaches us and even the major trials He brings us through. I know I need to challenge myself more to remain in a state of awe and praise for Him because each day that He breathes life into my heart and lungs is another day to glorify Him. Each day He gives me a chance to be the hands and feet of Jesus is a time to stand in awe of Him. He is working miracles and blessings even moment of the day and for that, He deserves praise.

I believe I need to challenge myself more to find ways to glorify Him and bear witness to His power. I have this desire to be completely sold out and go hard for Christ that it's crazy. Have to see where all this energy leads me.

No comments:

Post a Comment