Thursday, January 6, 2011

Do you know the way you move Me?

As my 21 day fast is rapidly approaching, I am trying to mentally prepare my mind for 21 days of sacrifice and intimacy with God. Though I try to spend time with Him on a daily basis, something about fasting and prayer draws my spirit closer to Him. My thoughts are solely focused on Him and allowing Him to be my living water and sustainer. Not an easy task but definitely worth the sacrifice.

As I sit typing this blog, I am listening to one of the most amazing worship songs I have ever heard. It's Cory Asbury's song "Do You Know The Way You Move Me?" I love songs from the IHOP worship teams and I heard this song a year ago. I heard it for the first time in the Furnace. The Furnace is Fusion's dedicated prayer room that is only opened for 24 hours for a few weeks out of the year. You sign up for a one hour slot and the room is yours. I have spent many 2 and 3 AM worship sessions in there. It's a place where you can sit and listen to worship music, read your bible, write in the community journals, nail your sins to the actual cross in the room, take communion, pin prayers to the wall like in Jerusalem, draw or paint a picture, cry your eyes out before your Savior, hear angel wings flapping and have angels blow on your face. Last spring for about 10 weeks, our Fusion services turned into this Holy Spirit filled season of revival. The move of the Spirit was so tangible and present that we couldn't help but open the Furnace so people could continue experience that every presence of God. Pastor Johnson and some of the coaches were in the Furnace having a crazy intense worship and prayer session. At one point, someone heard wings flapping near their ears and one guy felt what could only be an angel blow in His face. The Furnace is an amazing, holy, and anointed place.

The lyrics to the original spontaneous song are the most touching because the song sounds like God is talking directly to you. He asks "Do you know the way you move me?" Do we have any idea how much we move God's heart? Can we fathom how much God absolutely delights in us and smiles at the mere thought of us? Our names are etched in the palms of His hand and He knows the number of hairs on our heads. Seriously, most days I have a hard time comprehending the depth of His love and devotion to us. It's mind blowing and beautiful. The song is 22 minutes long but worth the length of this blog to post the lyrics.

Do you know how you've caught me eye in the secret place where you chose to die?

Do you know the way you move me? I see every time you laid down those other things for me, I see every time you seek my face beloved one. I see every movement of your heart towards me, I do. I see every little movement of your heart towards me. Though you're weak my beloved, I see your love, I see your love. And though it's small my beloved, I see your heart, I see your love. And though it ain't much my beloved one, I see the way that you want me, that you need Me, that you've gotta have Me, I see it. I see every little desire, every little passion, every little piece of hunger, every little thing, I see it all. Nothing goes unseen from My eye, nothing goes unseen from My gaze. Every time you look towards Me, I see it, EVERY TIME you stare at Me I see it, I see your love, how small it may be I see it all my beloved one. Every time you look My way I see it, every time you stare at me I see it. Though it feels a little weak sometimes, though it feels a little broken sometimes, I see every second, every little glance, every little glance my way, I see it, I see it, I love it, I love it, I love you just the way you are, I love you, I love you, listen my beloved one. Every little glance towards me, I see it. Every little time you look at me I see it. Every movement of your heart, every movement of your heart, I see it.

Do you know the way you move Me? Do you know the way you move Me? Do you know? Do you know the way you undo My heart My beloved? I love every sacrifice you've made, every time you say no one cares, I see it. Do you know the way you move Me?

You're beautiful just the way you are. You're beautiful My love, My dove, My favorite one, My joy, I love you right where you are, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you. I'll never stop, I'll never stop! I'm so in love with you, my bride, I'm so in love with you my favorite one. With every single little glance, with every movement of your will, with every decision that you've made, I'm undone. I love you with an everlasting love, I love you with an everlasting love. I'm not disappointed in you, I'm not angry with you. I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you. So don't hide your face from me, I'll break off shame, I'll break off condemnation, it's gone, it's gone, it's gone, it's gone, you're free. You've ravaged me, I'm undone, I'm not disappointed, I'm not angry, I'm in LOVE with you! You've ravaged me, I'm in love with you.

Do you know how you've caught my eye in the secret place where you chose to die? Where you chose to lay it all down, where you chose to follow me, where you chose to take up that cross day after day after day after day. You've ravaged my heart, you have. Just one glance of your eye, just one. My heart it's undone every time you look at me. Everyday that you don't give up, that you don't let go, that you don't look down, my heart it's undone, my heart it's ravaged.

Do you know the way you move Me? Do you know the way you move Me?

I saw when you gave it all up. I did. I saw it when you gave it all up. You passed up opportunity after opportunity just to seek me, just to find me, just to love me a little longer, I saw it. And it moved my heart. Don't think those little sacrifices go unnoticed. Don't think those little times go unnoticed, when you think I'm not looking at you. I saw it, I saw when you gave up everything to follow me, I did. I did and I'm pleased, and I'm proud, and I'm not mostly disappointed, and I'm not mostly mad, and I'm not mostly sad, and I'm happy with you and I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you. My beloved one.

Do you know the way you move Me? Do you know the way you move Me?

I saw it when you left your friends behind, and I saw it when you left your family behind, and I saw it when you gave up everything just to follow me, just so you could love me a little bit more. I saw it when you left your friends behind, and I saw it when you left your family behind, and I saw it when you gave up everything, when you let go of everything just to find me, I saw it. I'm pleased and I'm proud. I love you, thank you! It really means something to Me that you did it all. It really means something to me that you gave it all up, that you gave it all up, and it's not for nothing, I'll meet you there in the longing. It's not for nothing, it's not for nothing, it's not for nothing. I saw it, I saw it.

Do you know the way you move Me? Do you know the way you move Me?

I saw it when you took the narrow road, I saw it when you took the road less traveled, I saw it when you took that narrow road, it's a little bit lonely sometimes, I saw it. I saw it when you left your friends behind and took that narrow road of love. I saw it. I saw it. I saw it. I love you, and I love you. I love you. I see your HEART, and I SEE YOUR HEART! That you want Me, I see it.I see it. I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment