Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snowed In

Today is Tuesday, January 11, 2011. 1/11/11. More like Snow Storm 2011. The city is under a blanket of snow and ice and my office has been closed for 2 days. I am staring at about 5 inches of snow that has covered my front and back yard that is now coated with a layer of ice. I let the kids play outside while I watched from the warmth of the living room. Being home for all these days during the fast, you would think I am immersed in the presence of God, studying the word and in prayer. But I'm not. For some reason, my heart is not in this fast.

I was very excited to do the fast, excited about the revelations and breakthroughs God was going to provide. But I can't focus. I can't get motivated to read my Bible or to even spend some real time in prayer. I think I am spending more time complaining and worry about random things than being thankful for what I have and where I am. It's weird and rather frustrating. I feel like I am not pleasing God, like I am disappointing my Dad.

I am having a bit of cabin fever after being snowed in for 2 days and the distractions of having the kids running around, trying to juggle my own stuff, and craving meat and dairy just isn't helping.

In need of a breakthrough.

No comments:

Post a Comment