Wednesday, April 27, 2011

5 Seconds

I am having one of those weeks where one thing after another is going wrong. Dryer died about 2 weeks ago and last night my washing machine decided to follow suit. Aiden's skin is beyond dry and so hard to keep moisturized so he is scratching like a mad man. He looks like someone took a fork to his legs and arms, the trials of having a kid with severe eczema. The deadline for having my Peru trip paid off is the 30th and I am still not at my goal. I have some money in savings earmarked to help with the cost but thanks to the demise of my laundry room and rising gas and food prices, its a struggle to decide which to take care of. I am trying not to panic.

And I wont. Despite how things are going right now, I am still going to keep pressing forward and giving Him praise in the process. My friend Fransau posted the lyrics of a song in his facebook status and it was exactly what I needed.

"I'm about 5 seconds away from giving You the most amazingest praise!"

I heard this song by Canton Jones last year though its been around for a while now. I needed that spiritual praise break to remind myself that the enemy will not get the best of me despite my circumstances and I will continue to give God His just praise. I will not waste time trying to fix a situation when I just need to give it over to God in prayer and thank Him for what He has already done.

5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

No comments:

Post a Comment