Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day 4: What's On Your Mind

James 4:8: Come close to God, and God will come close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, for your loyalty is divided between God and the world.

What's on my mind? My Father in Heaven who is absolutely romancing me today! I went to bed last night in thought about how I was going to handle a situation but God took over and gave me the best sleep ever. I even slept in longer because I was so at peace. I dropped off Aiden and listened to Livingston and just smiled the whole way to work because I felt like God was just smiling at me and delighting over me. I missed Fusion last night because I had to serve so its like He carved out this day to just have me spend time in His presence. I love this romantic, loving, smiling, delighting in me feeling I get when it's just me and my beloved Father. He is giving me peace and joy in Him. He is so worthy to be praised!

Truthfully, I don't always have days like this. I wish I did though because things would be so much better if I did. Yet, I cherish these moments. I think I would have more times like this if I made time for times like this. I do tend to get bogged down with worthless stuff like Facebook, Internet, TV, the phone, friends, whatever. But I am glad that I am taking on this assignment to purposely spend some time reading this devotional and really examining my heart and mind. I am becoming aware of things that I need to work on in order to cleanse my mind, body and spirit of all this junk that has been collected.

I need to make a greater effort to carve out this consistent and dedicated time with God to hear Him and have Him hear me. I love my sleep but, getting up an extra hour earlier to pray and read my Bible would be an ideal way to spend some time with Him. I have been reading my Bible at night, but it's something about giving God those first few minutes of my day that makes things so much better. Revelation 3:16 says "But since you are like lukewarm water, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth!" I don't want to be lukewarm with my faith and devotion to God because He is constantly faithful and devoted to me. He is showing me His faithfulness in this very moment, with each breath that I take and this awesome time of praise to Him.

I like the 3 scriptures that were in this devotional to mediate on as I seek God's purity in my life.

2 Cor. 7:1 Because we have these promises, dear friends, let us cleanse ourselves from everything that can defile our body or spirit. And let us work toward complete holiness because we fear God.

Titus 2:14 He offered himself as a sacrifice to free us from a dark, rebellious life into this good, pure life, making us a people he can be proud of, energetic in goodness.

Hebrews 9:13-15 If that animal blood and the other rituals of purification were effective in cleaning up certain matters of our religion and behavior, think how much more the blood of Christ cleans up our whole lives, inside and out. Through the Spirit, Christ offered himself as an unblemished sacrifice, freeing us from all those dead-end efforts to make ourselves respectable, so that we can live all out for God.

He desires for me to seek Him out and spend time with Him. It's time to make Him my first thoughts and be constant with making time for Him. No lukewarm praises for my Savior who sacrificed His life just to have precious moments with me through out the day. I want to watch Him transform my mind because of my devotion to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment