Friday, August 27, 2010

Day 5: A New Season

Forget about what's happened; don't keep going over old history. Be alert, be present. I'm about to do something brand-new. It's bursting out! Don't you see it?
There it is! I'm making a road through the desert, rivers in the badlands. Isaiah 43:18-19


Man, God is so right on time. For a while, I have been feeling kind of disconnected and restless. I've been needed something new, a new challenge, a change of scenery, something new because I feel like I'm almost in a rut. Stagnant. Unfulfilled. I am definitely not a fan of idle time and thoughts so this is killing me.

My problem is that I seem to be searching an outlet for this pent up energy when I should be asking God what it is that He would have me do. I tend to try to make myself busy with other things to keep from having so much idle time. Almost like a way to keep me distracted, yet, I am still feeling unfulfilled. I can write a million blogs, post a million articles, and do a million outreaches in the name of Jesus, but if I am not getting His green light first, it can all be unfulfilling. I realize I am not walking out God's purpose for me.

The scripture Isaiah 43:18-19 just resounds in me today because I want to see what new and amazing thing God is going to birth in me. I have let go of my past, died to myself in order to follow Christ, so now I have to prepare to do what it is that God has specifically designed for me to do. I also need to be more focused and diligent about the duties He has placed before me right now. I have the writing for the Sunday to Sunday blog, helping to develop the intake forms for any newly rescued girls from the street, developing ideas to expand the scope of the welcome team at Fusion. It's funny that I already have plenty to do but, get so distracted that I lose focus on those areas. I think this weekend is going to be a weekend of organization and focus. Getting ideas flushed out and asking God to just show me what it is that He would have me do. If I am obedient in the little things that He gives me, He will bless me with abundance...wow. Thanks for that awesome revelation just then!

No comments:

Post a Comment