Thursday, August 5, 2010

Fusion Is Back!!

Last night was AMAZING!!! I mean seriously. Last night was the relaunch of Fusion, the young adult ministry at my church that has literally become my family. Since coming to Fusion about a year ago, I have met some of the most amazing and inspiring sisters and brothers in Christ. God truly knew what He was doing when He pointed me in Fusion's direction. A building full of 300+ 20 something people who are seriously on fire for God, is something I had never seen before, but now, they are my family.

Coming back to Fusion after being on tour for six weeks was like coming home. I had already been stressed by the turn of events from the past weekend and other things but I was determined to enjoy my night. Met up with Carrie, Zoe and Sheka for our pre-Fusion dinner and I was immediately at peace about the stress and distractions in my life. God was already on the move before I had even gotten to church. I walked into the building pre-service and it was already full of energy, laughter, hugs, prayer circles, fellowship and fun. Some people had not seen each other in six weeks and spent that time catching up, while new comers came in droves. I was home, ready to encounter my Daddy!

Being that I was super excited, relaxed, and ready to handle my leadership duties, I didn't know that God was going to do some awesome moving on my behalf that night. While checking in the kids for Fusion Kidz, my fellow Fusionite, s2s alum and true brother in Christ, Nate stopped me at the table to share some amazing news. For the past few weeks, he had been keeping me up to speed with some ideas about doing Princess Night with s2s on a bigger scale. I'm all for helping in anyway to help rescue girls from sex slavery. He asked me to be apart of a planning committee that he is heading up with s2s and I couldn't be more thrilled. I love the vision and mission of s2s, already writing for their blog, so I am game for anything s2s! My night was looking brighter!

Worship was amazing. Service was a recap of some of the stories from Fusion on Tour and the various missions trips. I was so filled with the joy and praise for the work that Fusion did for the community that by the time we closed with the Fusion Band doing "Sing, Sing, Sing" I was jumping and shouting to the top of my lungs. God's power will do that to you. Service ended and we kicked off Fusion after Dark! More time for fellowship, grubbing with friends, prayer circles, watching Avatar, games, laughter, meeting new people, small group sign ups, Rock Paper Scissors contest, healings, everything. First time I got to enjoy Fusion After Dark because I live minutes from the church and didn't have to worry about driving 30 mins back to Cobb. I was loving it!

But, yet again, God decided to show His purpose for me yet again! Another fellow Fusionite and brother in Christ, Keith Hall stopped me at the small group sign up tables. He asked me about leadership and I reminded him that I was on the service team side. He gave me a look that I had seen many times before from various people. That "when are you getting a small group" look. He cast his vision about wanting to start a small group for single parents and my heart leap. For the longest, I have felt a tug to go into small group leadership but I never think I am prepared for it. So many people have asked why I'm not apprenticing a small group yet so its like they keep speaking that over me. Also, I had thoughts about a small group for single parents so they to can be more involved. Being a single mom myself, I know how it is to want to get involved in small group but have to worry about child care. It breaks my heart that we have so many parents that want to be involved but cant or just don't feel like they fit in. When Keith cast his vision, I knew God was putting His stamp on what had been in my heart anyway. Another AMAZING opportunity to serve Him with my whole life.

Yesterday started off with me being beyond stressed about finances, my future, work, home, you name it. But my Almighty Father has so many plans for me that I don't have time to be distracted with life. Jeremiah 29:11 says "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." So many times we get so distracted with life's circumstances and stress, that we get distracted from our purpose. We are unable to see what God wants us to do. We get consumed with US, that we take our focus off of HIM. Such a scheme of the enemy. My Father wants to use me to change the world and to bring the Kingdom of Heaven to Earth. My eyes and ears are open. I am so excited about what He has in store and how my own life will be transformed by walking out my purpose.

Thank you Fusion for being filled with a generation of visionaries and laborers. Thank you Father for your grace and mercy to do Your will.

No comments:

Post a Comment