Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Life As I Know It

I am bouncing back from a rather nerve wrecking turned numbing weekend. I knew things would be rather tense after a tough decision I made, but Victory's THIRST service helped release my pent up stress. Nothing like 2 hours of singing, dancing and praying for a revival and renewing of spirits. I needed that time to connect with my Father, to give Him honor and allow the Holy Spirit to completely wreck me. The Holy Spirit came down on me and my heart wept and I prayed for families and marriages. I shook uncontrollably as the words spilled from my tongue, crying out for God to restore marriages, chains to be released, families to be made whole again.

I drove 4 hours to Mississippi on auto-pilot right after service. I let my mind wander and allowed God to kinda sift through everything and hone in on what He felt I should. Family. Restoring families, praying for reconciliations, for fathers to come home, for mothers to love their children like crazy, for marriages to be covered to withstand attacks. A lot of friends have marriages that are crumbling, both inside the faith and outside. Families are being broken, children neglected, selfish needs overshadowing God's purpose. My heart was breaking and I knew that this was just the tip of the iceberg. I knew God was preparing me for battle. The attacks were coming and I needed to be full dressed in His armor.

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints. Ephesians 6:10-18

I knew that God was doing a work in my heart because for the first time in forever, I didn't want to leave Mississippi. I didn't want to leave my family. I didn't want to leave the comfort and safety of the 4 walls of my aunt's house where I could tune out the rest of the world. I wasn't in the mood to deal with attacks on my family and families close to me. I just wanted to rest, mentally, physically and spiritually. But of course, Jesus Christ did not promise that we would be problem free in this life, even after we accept the gift of salvation.

Life will be hard, trials are sure to come, but how you prepare for them is key. God has given us authority and the power to heal the sick and to defend the name of Jesus Christ. Battling enemies that are not in the flesh tests your loyality and your resilience. When the chips are down, do you fold? Or do you run back to the Creator and give Him your all? Does your faith remain or is it shaken? When your marriage is on the rocks, do you both come together in agreement to pray against any schemes of the enemy or do you ignore the problems and exist in a house divided? A house that is divided is an open door for the enemy to set up shop and wreak havoc. There is strength in numbers, power in agreement.

No comments:

Post a Comment