Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Getting Prepared

So for the past couple of days I have been obsessing with recipes. Weird I know. I do enjoy cooking at times, but over the years, it has become more of a chore than something fun and exciting. But oddly enough, I have been obsessed with cooking and trying new dishes. I've been pulling out old cookbooks, surfing food websites and blogs, you name it. So not like me. While looking for recipes, I keep getting this overwhelming feeling of needing to be prepared. Needing to have my arsenal of meals and dishes in my head, ready at a moments notice.

Another oddity: coupons and budgets. Now, I am not a coupon clipper by any means. I remember watching my mom clip coupons for hours on Sundays and then organize them in her little plastic accordian looking holder. Never thought it was worth the effort. Now, I am fasinated by the stragies and the amazing amount of savings if you know how to do them right. Budgets have usually equated to me making sure my check can stretch until the next check comes with no surprises. Now, I fret over savings accounts, cutting costs and getting the most bang for my buck. This being an adult thing is no joke.

I think God is preparing me. Not quite sure for what but these new found interests that seem to have come over night kinda give me peace and comfort. The same peace and comfort I get when I am obedient to what He would have me do. I am actually beyond excited about making this Mexican cheese dip and guacamole for Taco Tuesday (a weekly tradition in my home). Never been this excited for Taco Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment