Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Day 10: Called to Worship

"Shout joyful praises to God, all the earth! Sing about the glory of his name! Tell the world how glorious he is. Say to God, “How awesome are your deeds! Your enemies cringe before your mighty power. Everything on earth will worship you; they will sing your praises, shouting your name in glorious songs." Psalm 66:1-4

That is one of my favorite passages in Psalms. How befitting is this devotional about worship coming off the heels of the amazing Fusion Band concert. Last night was so full of energy and praise. I absolutely LOVE worship time and I think the Fusion Band is the best worship team I've heard. Mike Turner was right when he said that the band has an anointing. They seriously do.

For me, worship is one of the most intimate forms praise to God. Every song that we sing with our lips pierces a different part of our heart and mind that only God and that person know about. Everyone responds differently to a song. Some sit in silence and just embrace the moment or if your like me, I love to stand and sing to the Heavens with outstretched arms. That's like my personal time with God. It's just You and me here now. Only You and me here now.

I'm glad that the Fusion Band CD is comprised of my favorite songs, both high energy and slow and intimate. I can worship at home, in my car, at work, where ever. Its something about the worship songs that just sends tingles down my arms when the very song I am listen to is exactly where I am with God. Whether I feel lost or if I am sitting at His feet in awe, there is a song for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment