Saturday, January 1, 2011

Here's To Living The Life I've Always Dreamed Of

Today is January 1, 2011. Last night me and the boys stayed in and enjoyed tacos and a countdown from Dick Clark. Not a traditional New Years Eve but I didn't want to go through the trouble of going out and having the boys out late. They enjoyed it so no worries.

Like always, plenty of people sent their usual mass text messages but one in particular stood out to me. My friend Quiana sent a message that said "Here's to living the life we've always dreamed of!" I liked that motto because I had never really thought about what it would be like to live the life I had always dreamed of. For as long as I can remember I have just been living, but not living life abundantly. My life has always been a product of my circumstances but I've never done anything that I really wanted to do. I am used to adjusting my life to fit those around me, whether it be kids or friends or family or others in need. Part of me feels like in all these years, I have lost little bits and pieces of me.

So this year is special. This year is different. This year is about doing things I had always wanted to do but never found the time or resources to do them with. This is the year of me putting myself in a position to live the life I had always dreamed of.

I made a list in my prayer journal of what it would look like for me to live the life I always dreamed of. Here goes:

I will have a life filled with love. Love from friends, family, and the mate that God Himself selected for me

I will do international missions work

I will be debt free

I will have a thriving career counseling those in need

I will own a house

I will be bold and fearless

I will share the Gospel with everyone that will listen

I will touch lives, inspire and lead others

I will strengthen friendships and mend broken relationships

I will be healthy in my physical body and spiritual life

I will have family that follows, worships, and honors Christ in all things

This list is subject to change but this would be my idea of an ideal life. I know that God has an amazing way of changing my life's plans but I am pretty sure He knows the desires of my heart. He honors those that are faithful and honor Him and I try to do my best everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment