Friday, March 18, 2011

Dreams, Signs and Wonder

I firmly believe that God gives everyone spiritual gifts. I am quite aware of the gifts that I do not believe I possess, a prophetic gift is one of them. I have friends like Jillian and Kemesha that are my go to people when it comes to dreaming and operating in the prophetic. But not me. Yet, for some reason, I have had the third dream in only what I can describe as a series of dreams that are leaving me scratching my head.

In these dreams, there is the same theme: a person from my past coming back to try to rekindle our relationship. The first dream was a proposal (I turned it down)and the second dream was him admitting that he still loved me (I didn't respond). In last night's dream, same admission of feelings and I changed the subject because I didn't know how to respond. At some point I asked about his significant other and his message was "that process to end things happens in 40 days and 40 nights." He repeated that 40 days and 40 nights line a second time. I asked about what they were going to do about their baby and his message was "I will have the baby for 100 days and she will have the baby for 100 days." In my dream, I was confused because that made absolutely no sense. None of it does.

I woke up feeling kinda frantic because I don't like not knowing what dreams mean. I particularly don't like dreaming about people I know God left in my past for a reason. I never try to super spiritualize anything but I am beginning to wonder if there is a meaning or message behind these dreams about this person. Are there any unresolved feelings I am not dealing with? Absolutely not and I think I can confidently say the same thing about the other person involved. Is God trying to give me a message of something to come in the future? I hope not because it whatever is supposed to happen plays out like these dreams, there is going to be some smoke in the city for real.

I looked up the meaning of the number 40 and its a symbol of testing, trials, closing in on victory or defeat. Prime examples would be the Israelites in the wilderness for 40 years (trials), Jesus fasting in the desert for 40 days and being tempted by Satan (testing), and of course the 40 days and 40 nights it rained causing the great flood (defeat for those that perished and victory because of the new covenant God made with Noah). The number 100 means full measure. Not necessarily God's complete measure but His full reward. It also mentioned God's election of grace. The scriptures Genesis 21:5 mentioned Abraham had Issac when he was 100 years old (grace). In Genesis 26:12 Issac planted crops and harvested 100 times more than what he had planted (full reward). Since the numbers 40 and 100 was mentioned twice, I looked up the number 200, which is a symbol for insufficiency. The number 80 is the number of salvation (8) times divine order (10).

At the end of the day, I have no clue whether this person saying the numbers was giving me a message, whether the numbers have anything to do with the content of the dream or if its all in my head. Either way, all I can do is pray about it and see if God is doing some supernatural stuff around me. This should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment