Sunday, June 12, 2011

Back to Reality



I'm home now but the last 10 days are fresh in my mind. I'm still processing all of my thoughts and feelings as I look back through the 472 pictures I took. This one is by far my favorite. This little boy lived with his mom and grandmother right next door to the Hearts in Action, International church in the mountains of Cieneguilla, Peru. The mom cooks for the after school tutoring and nutrition program for the local kids who live in the tin shacks in the mountains right across the highway from the church. I saw this little bright eyed boy every day we went to the church to help out and he is the cutest little thing. He always stayed close to the kitchen door so he could keep an eye on his mom but would peek his head out every now and then to make sure we were still near by. I took this photo as he fell asleep in the doorway waiting for his mom to finish cleaning the kitchen and making sure he could see our team leaving for the evening so he could wave bye. We must have taken too long because he fell asleep right where he sat in the doorway, watching his mom and watching our team of missionaries.

My heart is still in Peru and I can never look at life the same. So much work to be done to bring the name of Jesus to the ends of the Earth.

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment