Thursday, August 18, 2011

Living Letters

I truly believe that each and every believer on this planet should be a "living letter." Just like 2 Corinthians 3:2-3 says, we don't have to have recommendations from other people to show the power of Christ. All we need is our own life. Our life should be a reflection of God's grace and Christ power. People should be able to look at our life and know the goodness of God. We should never stop boosting about what amazing things He is done in our lives. We should be a walking testimony.

I often post on Facebook some random revelation I've had or just a comment about how God moved in my life. I do it because I am not ashamed to give God His due praise. If you have been as low in the trenches of darkness as I have, you try not to miss a chance to tell people the Good News. From my posts, my notes, my blog, my love for my church, my love for the lost, my love trafficking victims, my random pictures from outreaches and mission work, my life reflects the glorious wonder of God.

And people see it. They see the love of God in me, through words and actions.

I realize that I absolutely love counseling women. I love helping women get to a place where they are in love with themselves and know that they are loved by their Savior. A place where they realize they are not their past, that their identity isn't rooted in looks, money, or status, and that they are absolutely, without a doubt worthy to be praised, honored and respected. Every woman needs that sense of security that starts from within.

I had the pleasure of offering some advice to some pretty awesome women I know from back home who I only connect with through Facebook. I'm always surprised when I get advice questions from people I don't really interact with that often. But it's not me they are drawn to. It's the freedom I have in Christ that draws them in. It's the fact that I allow my life to reflect how wonderful and amazing God is. People need something to believe in, something that is bigger than them and their everyday. People need to believe that no matter how bad life gets, there is something better on the horizon. They need to believe that God really is who He says He is.

How will we get them to believe? By letting our lives be the example.

No comments:

Post a Comment