Friday, March 4, 2011

Not For Sale

It's been a while since I have posted an entry. Life has gone into crazy over drive. I realize my days and free time a very limited but I am enjoying the chaos. I have a financial class that I take on Monday nights for the next 13 weeks to help me be a better steward of my money. I have Fusion services on Wednesdays, either small group or small group planning meetings on Thursdays, I am usually hanging out with kids or friends, Saturdays at 7AM I have my Beth Moore bible study group until 9AM. In the afternoons, I usally am hanging with friends or the kids. Sundays is church. At some point in the week, I manage to cook, clean, do laundry, do homework, make it to work and a host of other things. Sleep falls in there at some point!

Back to the task at hand. I was browsing on the Not For Sale website, when I ran across the Peru section that talked about Lucy Borja and the Generacion organization that we will be working with. They posted a video clip of some of the street children of Peru and it broke my heart. Just to hear the story of how life for these children are is enough to make anyone want to take the world on just so they can know peace and happiness. These are the children that are in a fight everyday to keep from being bought and sold for sex and labor. Thank God for hearts like Lucy. Even though she is not a Christian, she still has a heart like Christ.




Not For Sale | Latin America from Not For Sale Campaign on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment