Monday, August 23, 2010

Day 1: In Tune With God's Purpose

I have decided to embark on a 90 day mind, body, and spirit purity journey. Yesterday's small group meeting left me wanting to give thanks for God always been faithful and always keeping His covenant with me. I know there are areas of my life than need to be fine tuned, but I must first get into alignment with him. Matthew 5:8 says "Blessed are the pure at heart, for they will see God." If I want to truly connect with the Father, I need to make sure my mind, body, and spirit are pure. I bought this 90 day devotional about 7 months ago called Pure: A 90 day devotional for the Mind, the Body and the Spirit by Rebecca St. James. I figured that there is no better time to really start digging into this journey than with this process of transformation and renewal.

Day 1: In Tune with God's Purpose

"Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies. Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the great deep. O LORD, you preserve both man and beast." Psalm 36:5-6

Am I in tune with God's purpose for my life? Absolutely not. This is me being honest. As of today, I truly have no idea what God is calling me to do. I know what I kinda want to do with my life which is counseling, but I am not sure if that is what God has called me to do. I like writing, but is that what I am supposed to do? I used to think that God was leading me towards a life of working with and counseling women, sex abuse survivors. But, when I look back, I don't think God ever gave me that green light. Maybe it was more of a personal desire of mine to undertake. For the longest I have asked God to reveal His plan for me and I really think He has been kinda silent about it. Or maybe I was too busy and distracted to hear Him. Maybe I was more consumed with what I wanted to do and didn't adhere to what He wanted me to do. I don't know.

Jeremiah 29:11 says that God knows the plan that He has for me, so I kinda wish He would let me in on the secret. I am glad that this is the issue to ponder on the first day. Not knowing your purpose is like a boat floating in the sea with no direction in mind. I don't like not knowing but I really don't like not being sure of what my Father would have me to do. It's past time to really seek Him and have Him reveal to me what He has in store for me. I pray that no matter what path He puts me on, I have the good sense to be obedient and the courage to follow through. No one ever said this journey would be easy, but the reward in Heaven is worth the trial.

I am a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment